Much of what Awil Jama says here can be equally said about the plight of the Muslim Brother. However, I do hope that he would write another poem only on the Plight of the brothers, inshallah.
Muslim Girl-The Plight of Sisters
by Awil Jama
Please Read and Reply Back with Feedback, Comments and Suggestions.
Enjoy reading it, Jazallah Khair –Awil Jama.
- Muslim girl engulfed with materialistic possessions
- latest trends: Iphone, Ipod, Ipad, Imac.
- Running for attention and acceptance.
- Leaving traditions and modesty- like recyclable ideologies.
- Trapped in a society that favors immodesty, fornication, and seductive music lyrics.
- Subservient females whose lust are money and men.
- Losing Muslim identity like quick sand,
- replaced by westernized definition of happiness and success.
- Befriends wicked and fake Muslimah missionaries
- to the calling of trouble and destruction.
- Late night texting, partying and alcoholic drinking.
- Ciroc & Grey goose chasing, cigarette & kush blowing,
- club hopping, hookah bar chilling, one nighters and morning hangovers
- Acceptable virtues and routines,
- unislamic but grand delusion of fun and happiness.
- Lacking strong parental guidance, easily peer pressured
- into streams of dating and loving insecure boys who
- secretly sin and publicly lie.
- Victims of bad childhoods, abuse, neglect, loneliness and confusion.
- So they prey upon women’s kindness and love,
- good Muslim men hard to find and often
- left to settle for less and less
- than her potential and self worth.
- Muslim girl obsessed with fashion and appearance,
- torn between the hijab and stylish hairdos,
- on and off with the hijab as she pleases.
- Muslim weddings, business meetings, job interviews, and shoppingmalls.
- Blind to religious modesty and self preservation.
- Dresses to please herself and potential bystanders.
- Skinny jeans, booty shorts, miniskirts, tight jilbabs, high heels, and convertible hijabies
- fit for all occasions just not Muslim occasions and Eid celebrations.
- Foreign to the Qur’an and Hadith,
- but glorifies and obsesses over
- gossip magazines, movie stars, tv shows, and rap artists.
- Muslim girl- master of disguises fools even the wise.
- Lying about whereabouts, always citing the Masjid, MSA meeting, & Muslim conferences
- but always with the in crowd partying and hanging out.
- Living the good life, not minding the consequences just partying and chilling,
- bumping to Drake and Lil Wayne, full time groupies loving from a distance.
- Wishing deeply to be loved and appreciated, searching day and night for her
- true one; sadly looking for him in all the wrong locations.
- Muslim girl lost in a digitalized world, her means of socializing
- Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Myspace, Skype, and Text Messaging
- Living in a World Wide Web phenomenon.
- She finds comfort in intangible relationships,
- 2,000 friends and followers, popularity sooths
- the sleepless night, tearful cries, broken heart,
- regretful lies, actions and desires.
- Muslim Girl praying for better nights and days,
- to be herself and not others
- to be like Aisha, Khadija, and Fatima
- not Beyonce, Nicki and Taylor.
If you like it, you gotto share it!