By Aftab Borka
Special to The Oakland Press
A local imam and the executive director of Council of American-Islamic Relations in Southfield has rejected a recent study that says more than 80 percent of mosques in America promote moderate to severe violence.
“The report is a bunch of rubbish” said Dawud Walid of CAIR about the study Continue reading
Let me know what you think about the ‘Chilling Birds.’ More of my amateur photography will be coming soon, some may come with a reality check.
So this Pastor Terry Jones in Florida from a church group that was financially and intellectually bankcrupt when announced the “Burn Quran Day” he bacame an instant international figure. Then he called it off to show that he got some leadership! Man got some skills of Public relations…
But lets analyze really quick what just happened by one nut who was blinded in a faith of instant publicity:
– Indonesian President used some harsh language towards US (to appeal its citizens but neverthless).
– Afghans took streets in protest, NATO camp was attacked by mob, a US soldier shot dead an Afghani protestor. All this for total nonesense because of One Nut.
– Mr Imam Feisal Rauf of Cordoba Initiative (aka NYC Cultural Center) according to the Nut Pastor apparently cut a deal with him to move the NYC Cultural Center away from Ground Zero?!?!? Like Seriously !!
– Imam Muhammad Musri, head of the Islamic Society of the Central Florida stood at Pastor Nut’s media conference and said that he feels that the Mosque should not be built near Ground Zero. Interesting because [1st] Its NOT a Mosque, its a freeken Cultural Center. [2nd] A Mosque has been there at that spot for all these years !
– Mr. Nut Pastor Jones can’t even pronounce Imam properly when referring to Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf (with whom he said he cut a deal). He kept referring to Imam Feisal Rauf as “Iman.” Its like calling Pastor a “Paster” Continue reading
The debate over Malaysian Christians using the word “Allah” for God is in the court and on the streets of Malaysia. In the starting of this year, Malaysian court over ruled the 2007 ban on Malaysian Christians from using the word “Allah” when translating their Christian English Newspaper (or magazine) Herald to Malaysian languages and using “Allah” for God in the Bible Translations. After 3-4 days of overrule by the court, the Home Ministry of Malaysia appealed the court’s decision. The public uproar and worst, the sad result of 9 Churches either being burned, or cocktail bombed is just pathetic.
So what is this issue of “Allah,” why some Malaysian Muslims are claiming that Allah is a “Muslim God”, and why Malaysian Christians want to use the word “Allah” for God??? It is necessary to understand the importance of the word “Allah,” its understanding in Islam; and the Malaysian history regarding Christians and Muslims and the way this debate has become a point of tension.