So this Pastor Terry Jones in Florida from a church group that was financially and intellectually bankcrupt when announced the “Burn Quran Day” he bacame an instant international figure. Then he called it off to show that he got some leadership! Man got some skills of Public relations…
But lets analyze really quick what just happened by one nut who was blinded in a faith of instant publicity:
– Indonesian President used some harsh language towards US (to appeal its citizens but neverthless).
– Afghans took streets in protest, NATO camp was attacked by mob, a US soldier shot dead an Afghani protestor. All this for total nonesense because of One Nut.
– Mr Imam Feisal Rauf of Cordoba Initiative (aka NYC Cultural Center) according to the Nut Pastor apparently cut a deal with him to move the NYC Cultural Center away from Ground Zero?!?!? Like Seriously !!
– Imam Muhammad Musri, head of the Islamic Society of the Central Florida stood at Pastor Nut’s media conference and said that he feels that the Mosque should not be built near Ground Zero. Interesting because [1st] Its NOT a Mosque, its a freeken Cultural Center. [2nd] A Mosque has been there at that spot for all these years !
– Mr. Nut Pastor Jones can’t even pronounce Imam properly when referring to Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf (with whom he said he cut a deal). He kept referring to Imam Feisal Rauf as “Iman.” Its like calling Pastor a “Paster” Continue reading
BY DAWUD WALID
Recent attempted extremist attacks with international connections should prompt us to take a deeper look at root motives instead of simplistically faulting religion.
The tired cries of the un-nuanced, such as former New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani stating that President Barack Obama is complicit in the recent failed Times Square attack because he fails to use the nomenclature “Islamic terrorism” to define such attacks, plays no constructive role in making our nation safer. Moreover, the Giuliani-type discourse misses a clear yet painful point. Many of these criminal acts are direct blowback in response to our foreign policy missteps.
Investigative journalist Seymour Hersh says that US forces in Afghanistan are carrying out what he referred to as “battlefield executions” of prisoners.
To read more click at The Huffington Post.
This is interesting. In the second video Seymour Hersh raises some very important points that are not addressed by the US politicians and the policy makers nor by the US media!!!
Imam Omar Ahmad Suleiman, member of ICNA’s Shariah Council appeals to the Muslim youth in response to Anwar Al Awlaki’s audio message:
“In the name of Allah, the most Compassionate, the most Merciful.
May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon His final messenger Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him).
First and foremost, everything that is written is in assumption that the messages from Imam Anwar that have recently surfaced are indeed from him and no one else.
As American Muslims, many of us used to wonder at how Allah has blessed Imam Anwar with such a degree of eloquence, and the gift of storytelling if you will, that he could move you to tears within 5 minutes of his lecturing. The news that he was detained a few years ago in Yemen brought many of us into a state of shock and depression. We invoked Allah (SWT) to free our beloved Imam nightly until we heard the wonderful news that he had been freed on December 12, 2007. I remember all the text messages, emails, and blog posts with ecstatic Muslims around the country praising Allah for his release.
Then something happened. Slowly, we began to see the post-prison Anwar Al Awlaki express strange radical views. Continue reading